Pumpkin & Rajasthan tea cupcakes
280 gr mashed Pumpkin
Ingredients for 20-24 muffin
For the cupcakes:
½ teaspoon salt
240 gr flour
320 gr brown sugar
100 gr butter
110 gr milk
2 + ½ teaspoon powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves
For the Rajasthan tea topping:
1 + 1/3 cups powdered sugar
4 tablespoons softened butter
2 tablespoons of 2 teabag or 5 gr Rajasthan tea in 150 cc water (5/7 minutes in infusion)
1. Cut the pumpkin leaving the peel, put it for 25/30 mins in the 150° preheated oven, check it with a toothpick inserted, the pumpkin is ready when it comes out clean.
2. Let it cool and mash it with butter, milk, sugar and salt. Than add the eggs.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg, than add butter and whisk it with the mashed pumpkin, and stir until combined. Don't overmix.
4. Preheat the oven to 175° C and line a muffin pan with 4 cupcake liners.
5. Divide between the cupcake liners and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
6. While the cupcakes cool, pour the boiling water over the Rajasthan tea bag and let steep for 5/7 minutes. Meanwhile, beat together the butter and powdered sugar until fluffy (about 3-4 minutes). Add the brewed tea and mix well. Frost the cupcakes when they are completely cool and serve.